Jakarta, Armfalcon.com – The Directorate General of Taxes (DJP) of the Ministry of Finance has made it easier for services to obtain an electronic filing identification number (EFIN). EFIN is usually used for reporting Annual Tax Returns (SPT).
If taxpayers forget their EFIN, they are usually told to go directly to the Directorate General of Taxes, call 1 500 200, live chat at tax.go.id, or by contacting social media accounts, such as Twitter @Kring_Pajak. However, now it’s no longer a hassle because you can go through one application.
Director of Counseling, Service and Public Relations of DJP Dwi Astuti said that since last week, the feature for obtaining EFIN has been provided in the M-Pajak application.
“Since Tuesday, March 14 2023, DGT has added the feature of getting EFIN in the M-Pajak application. This addition is solely to provide convenience to taxpayers,” said Dwi in a written statement, Thursday (23/3/2023)
EFIN is a 10 digit identification number issued by the DGT to taxpayers and is strictly confidential. EFIN functions as a taxpayer identity when conducting electronic transactions with the DGT to carry out tax obligations.
“The most frequent problem during the Annual Tax Return reporting period is forgetting the e-filing password. To reset a forgotten password, you need an EFIN. Unfortunately, taxpayers also often forget their EFIN. Therefore, the service forgets EFIN. We will continue to make it easier while maintaining confidentiality,” said Dwi.
To use the forgot EFIN service on M-Pajak, the DGT has informed you of the following:
Make sure the taxpayer has checked the email inbox, if there is a possibility that the EFIN is still stored in the email. If it is not found, taxpayers can take advantage of the forgot EFIN service with the following preparation steps.
Make sure that your device has a properly working camera,
the latest version of the M-Pajak application has been installed, and
Ensure that taxpayers can access e-mails that have been registered with DGT. In addition, it is recommended that the taxpayer’s device use the taxpayer’s cellphone number that has been registered with the DGT and has sufficient credit for sending SMS.
It is recommended that taxpayers be in a well-lit place for self-portraits to be taken. Then, prepare the following data: NPWP, NIK, name (according to KTP), place of birth, date of birth, and residential address.
– Open the M-Pajak application.
– Press the EFIN button on the Home screen (you can without logging in).
– Enter the requested data in the M-Tax application. Data is filled in completely. Avoid typing mistakes as they cause verification failure.
– Follow the self-portrait instructions.
– Confirmation of taxpayer data.
If the taxpayer’s photo is successfully validated, the system will send an EFIN to the taxpayer’s e-mail that has been registered with the DGT. After getting the EFIN in the email, the taxpayer can end this process and proceed to the Forgot Password process.
– If photo validation is not available, the system will send a verification code to the taxpayer’s cellphone number that has been registered with the DGT.
– Enter the verification code.
– If the verification code matches, the system will send an EFIN to the taxpayer’s e-mail that has been registered with the DGT. After getting the EFIN in the email, the taxpayer can end this process and proceed to the Forgot Password process.
Important! Here’s How to Report SPT and Solutions Forgotten EFIN Code